Search the forum,

Discuss Large format tile adhesive advice in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all, I was wondering if some of the experienced persons could give me some adhesive and prep advice for large format tiles

Tiles are Colorker Kawaii stone collection 1000mm x 316mm x 9.7mm (or 10.4mm) ceramic tiles.(Approx 18.25Kg/m2)

I am intending tiling onto :
1 - Shower walls- Plasterboard coated with Mapei shower waterproofing kit prior to tiling.
2 - Other walls - Plasterboard.

Does the bare plasterboard need acrylic primer or similar, e.g. Mapei G or BAL APD, or can tile adhesive be applied direct to plasterboard.
What adhesive is recommended for these tiles.

Many thanks

Kevbos

Arms
London, UK
Hi all, I was wondering if some of the experienced persons could give me some adhesive and prep advice for large format tiles

Tiles are Colorker Kawaii stone collection 1000mm x 316mm x 9.7mm (or 10.4mm) ceramic tiles.(Approx 18.25Kg/m2)

I am intending tiling onto :
1 - Shower walls- Plasterboard coated with Mapei shower waterproofing kit prior to tiling.
2 - Other walls - Plasterboard.

Does the bare plasterboard need acrylic primer or similar, e.g. Mapei G or BAL APD, or can tile adhesive be applied direct to plasterboard.
What adhesive is recommended for these tiles.

Many thanks
Use mapei adhesive keraflex or keraquik !no comeback

Reply to Large format tile adhesive advice in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays