Search the forum,

Discuss Keeping Things Clean with Dried in Powdered Adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Weebisto

Hi all, I am relatively new to tiling professionally but thoroughly enjoying it so forgive me if this seems like a strange request for help. What I am finding when using powdered adhesive is that even when I only mix a small amount at a time because of its limited bucket life I am going through buckets like nobody's business as the remnants are going hard at the bottom and around the sides. The same is happening with my trowel. I know buckets aren't exactly expensive but trowels are and every penny is a prisoner - I can't help but think that I am doing something wrong. Any suggestions from you experienced guys would be appreciated. Ta

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Another great little tip for cleaning your whisk /paddle is to fill a bucket half full with some all in ballast or sharp sand and some small stones add a little water and give it a spin your whisk should come up nice n shining.
Great tip !!
I do similar, but chuck 2 or 3 old sponges in water to clean the whisk between mix.

T

Tommythetiler80

595804D4-CC92-45A1-A13B-B1A930E7BF87.png
Tilemaster products get my vote

Reply to Keeping Things Clean with Dried in Powdered Adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays