Search the forum,

Discuss keeping Fit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

not too much alcohol

Shucks...
MSN-Emoticon-098.gif

D

Deleted member 9966

Lots of running (down to around 70km a week for now) also do body pump and body combat. My motivation is to be fit and healthy enough to eat and drink what I want. Also to get my 10 and 5 km times down (44:22 for 10 and 18:43 for 5 at present) I'm lucky my wife likes to keep fit too. We're just back from gym and she's due to have our baby in 3 weeks.

hi Stewart, what exercises is the mrs doing at the moment?

I'm just doing a lot of walking. I can go on my mountain bike if I want, but I'd rather not run the risk of crashing it or falling off it. I want to start swimming but motivating Mr GRR is proving difficult.

I walk for 20 minutes 4 lunch times a week, and try to walk the dog 3 x 45 minutes a week.

I haven't gained any weight with baby yet, still the same as I was before I got pregnant, but I do feel out of shape, less toned and becoming flabby.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
hi Stewart, what exercises is the mrs doing at the moment?

I'm just doing a lot of walking. I can go on my mountain bike if I want, but I'd rather not run the risk of crashing it or falling off it. I want to start swimming but motivating Mr GRR is proving difficult.

I walk for 20 minutes 4 lunch times a week, and try to walk the dog 3 x 45 minutes a week.

I haven't gained any weight with baby yet, still the same as I was before I got pregnant, but I do feel out of shape, less toned and becoming flabby.

Congrats on the pregnancy Liz :hurray::hurray:, I must have missed the post where you announced it:thumbsup::thumbsup:

S

Stewart

Hi Grr, Fiona swims, spins and does light free weights now as that's all she's really allowed to do. She was still doing 10k runs at four months, them gradually reduced the distance she ran. It all depends on what you did before you were preggers. If you were active before then it's fine to continue as long as you're comfortable with it, but best consult your midwife and gp for best advice. Best thing I could say is don't get caught up in all the hype and tripe the comes with being pregnant. Enjoy it to the max as everything else is out of your hands.

U

user123

I've just come back from a couple of hours on the climbing wall, luckily i've always been quite fit, but since I started this climbing game I've discovered muscles that I didn't know I had getting an oh so healthy ache for a couple of days..good stuff:thumbsup:
In German that 's called a 'Muskelkater' = 'muscle hangover' and it's a good thing to be proud of in Germany, sign of having worked hard... :thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I go 4 times a week, throw around the biggest weights I can manage with good form then go home. I love doing weights but hate doing anything else lol. I used to do slot of boxing but i work a funny shift pattern so makes it hard goof to classes.

Sounds like you slill slav time for a spint, good slad. :thumbsup:

Hi Grr, Fiona swims, spins and does light free weights now as that's all she's really allowed to do. She was still doing 10k runs at four months, them gradually reduced the distance she ran. It all depends on what you did before you were preggers. If you were active before then it's fine to continue as long as you're comfortable with it, but best consult your midwife and gp for best advice. Best thing I could say is don't get caught up in all the hype and tripe the comes with being pregnant. Enjoy it to the max as everything else is out of your hands.

Spinning is evil hate it hate it hate it

Reply to keeping Fit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber floor in our barn conversion. The area is large, 21m x 8m. Having spoken to various UFH suppliers I...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.