Search the forum,

Discuss Is It Too Much To Ask!? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Started a wet room conversion today. Nice couple, retired and fairly well off. Arrived at 0830. Suite ripped out by 0930. Floor up by 11. Not a cuppa to be seen! Never mind I thought, I am sure I will get one when I get back from the builders merchant with the new floor.....nope!
Unloaded 4 full sheets of ply, braced joists with noggins, cut & fixed floor, fitted former and still no brew.
I vacuumed up at the end of the day and told them I will see them first thing again........without a brew!

Now I'm never one for expecting or asking for a cuppa (I've seen trades asking for meals before!), but even a midday cha would have been nice :mad::confused:

I'm not being unreasonable am I? It's good to look after your tradesmen I thought. What do you all think?

O

Old Mod

My misses will ask any tradesmen who walks through our front door would you like a tea.

My good lady doesn't drink hot drinks, I'm for ever having to remind her about offering hot drinks to trades that visit, mind u that said, she doesn't even offer our friends or relatives either when they visit haha
Just doesn't enter her pretty little head! Haha

I

Italy

a customer Tobia 80 years, control work all morning, help me. at lunch antonio say do not eat?
yes tobia, 2 quick sandwiches and then start working fast.
tobia: no antonio, if you do not come to eat with me, I do not eat.
after 10 minutes I am had to get off with tobia and have lunch with him.
It also prepared spaghetti.
morning coffee, lunch with coffee, afternoon coffee with biscuits.
after three days of work, tobia paid and given a € 100 tip.
or too much or nothing.
is life, we are not all the same :)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Anyone tried the new 22mm Hardier Board designed to replace ply and go straight onto the floor joists?
No idea of cost by would be more moisture stable !

They sell it at my suppliers but as of a few months ago they said it had not been tested directly onto joists so couldn't guarantee. I would have thought that is exactly the reason for its manufacture, to replace floorboards and sit directly on joists at that thickness!!

J

J Sid

They sell it at my suppliers but as of a few months ago they said it had not been tested directly onto joists so couldn't guarantee. I would have thought that is exactly the reason for its manufacture, to replace floorboards and sit directly on joists at that thickness!!
This is what I was told
wp_ss_20160203_0001.png

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Sorry, don't know what that has got to do with a brew :) expect that you may have one less process to do and would have time to nip down to Costa Coffee ;)

Do they pay UK taxes though? :rolleyes:

Back on topic - It's well offside if they don't make you a drink, nothing like engaging with the customer and that's generally the first thing I'm asked when I start work every morning!!!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
much better is a small opened bag of frozen prawns...

Which reminds me many years ago in my youth we went to a party, and one of the lads took a dump in a freezer bag, squeezed it about and wrote gravy on the label and stuck it in the freezer :rolleyes:

Reply to Is It Too Much To Ask!? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays