Search the forum,

Discuss How to get your name out to new customers in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Go to a few tile shops and explain your situation and offer to do a job that would take 1 or 2 days tops for free, it's a great way to get their attention.
If they like what they see they'll be on the phone offering you more work in no time.
There's a serious shortage of good quality highly skilled tilers and shops always need good tilers.
Also get yourself some well designed business cards to leave with your customers for any future work for them or their friends and family.
If your any good at all before you know it your diary will fill up.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

Make friends with a really good heating engineer/ plumber. I met mine 9 years ago and i get loads of work from and with him. We make each other look good and work well together.
I've also learnt never work for builders. I'll take recommendations from them and work for their clients, but never for the builder.
Agreed never work for builders generally late payers .badly organised always saying it will be ready when it's not . Quite good at going at going bust so you won't get paid

Reply to How to get your name out to new customers in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use for feedback. We have been established in Newport, South Wales (just across the bridge from Bristol)...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays