Search the forum,

Discuss How to finish floor tiles in a doorway in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alberta Stone

Don't forget to undercut the door casing and jams so that when you are done it looks as if the door was built flush onto the top of the tiles.
I still see lots of hacks who just cut the tiles around the door casing/jams and just grout or silicone the edge to finish.
Very unprofessional finish.
Takes a few minutes and a crosscut saw and chisel to do it right.
(unless you bought one of the undercut electrics which are pimped out angle grinders with a saw blade).

T

The D

Don't forget to undercut the door casing and jams so that when you are done it looks as if the door was built flush onto the top of the tiles.
I still see lots of hacks who just cut the tiles around the door casing/jams and just grout or silicone the edge to finish.
Very unprofessional finish.

Takes a few minutes and a crosscut saw and chisel to do it right.
(unless you bought one of the undercut electrics which are pimped out angle grinders with a saw blade).
I hadn’t realised it was unprofessional to do it like that
deanotile-albums-my-pics-picture805-dscf0219.jpg
deanotile-albums-my-pics-picture806-dscf0220.jpg

D

Deleted member 1779

tiles_door.jpg

Is that a better perspective (wide view)
What we can see is a fitted door matt to a back door fixed at 1m then hall carpet. A fixing bar between them. But the tiled floor meets them from the downstairs loo without a trim piece.

Yes it would have been better to have the doormat fit across the entire width of the door but it only comes in one size so is short.

But the porcelain tiles have no edge trim

Reply to How to finish floor tiles in a doorway in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.