Search the forum,

Discuss Help with expansion joints on Herringbone floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Lexter

TF
London
Dear all,
I'm half way through tiling 40sqm of an extension. It's over an existing floor which I've laid underfloor heating insulated panels and going onto the extension where it's also under floor heating but a liquid screed has been laid on top.
So it's two totally different surfaces which will also heat up differently.
I'm after a solution for having a continuous flow of tiles without having a break in it as it would be really notifiable. It's all open planned.
Could I use sealant as a break? From one side to the other where the floor meets. I can easily get a matching colour for the grout and it would not be that noticeable?
As always your superior knowledge has been invaluable and although I don't post alot most of all my questions has been asked already and a searched avoids repeated questions.
Thanks for your time.

IMG_20180930_080911.jpg IMG_20180930_080819.jpg IMG_20180928_175117.jpg

Reply to Help with expansion joints on Herringbone floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this, The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays