Search the forum,

Discuss Hairline cracks in terracotta tiles that is seeping some sort of dark brown oil in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Guy,

I am not involved in this business at all, so I would appreciate any help or advice pls. I have noticed very recently that hairline cracks in my kitchen floor have started to seep a dark brown, sticky oil. There has been no spillages, so it is a complete mystery. The tile isn't lifting - I'm wondering if the chipboard has somehow started to rot - having googled it I've found that chipboard is made with linseed oil - obviously I need to stop this as we are treading oil into other rooms - many thanks in anticipation for your help in this matter -
Cheers

John

Hi Tony, I say chipboard, but I'm guessing tbh - the floor was laid 12 - 15 years ago and we have never had a problem - there is no movement in our area and the tiles are lifting - the cracks I think are probably wear and tear - I've attached pictures showing the oil
Cheers for your help - much appreciated.

3C38CA45-B671-4009-8F7A-921F473E758B.jpeg

8D3DD4BB-D548-4E7D-8979-44257C440F84.jpeg

B6910C4C-A76B-4375-B8F7-9E4755917A68.jpeg

[automerge]1569141796[/automerge]
Tiles aren't lifting

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Glasgow
She's getting a new ironing board this Christmas - will let you know what those snakes at the insurance company say - btw where are you based

If you were asking me I'm based just outside Glasgow. If your looking for someone to maybe help with the work there is a directory on here Find a Tiler. It isn't fully updated yet you could alternatively post the job in this section Tiler required 😉

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
If you were asking me I'm based just outside Glasgow. If your looking for someone to maybe help with the work there is a directory on here Find a Tiler. It isn't fully updated yet you could alternatively post the job in this section Tiler required 😉
Spot on post mate thank you!

Reply to Hairline cracks in terracotta tiles that is seeping some sort of dark brown oil in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays