Search the forum,

Discuss Floor preparation too low in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi Everyone,

My tiling job has come to a standstill, please help.

The concrete floor was suppose to be raised to match the rest of the ground floor. We tried to raise it by mixing concrete.

Sadly it's about 30-40mm too low: we are 50mm from the ffl and so we need to account for the tile and adhesive and maybe some self-levelling.

I think it's not possible to pour more concrete on the other concrete plus you can pour concrete at only 40mm thick?

I have the option of just pouring slc at 40mm, but that's more money and a lot to mix? And the working time will be hard to follow? I read screed can't be mixed in a cement mixer so I. Really stuck.

The room is 4x4m.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 32
  • 2.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 3.jpg
    786 KB · Views: 29
  • 4.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 5.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 6.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 31

Reply to Floor preparation too low in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays