Search the forum,

Discuss Do you use foam edging strips for SLC? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

Expanding foam surely isn't Any good? I have used off cuts of insulating board but it's not the best if the floor is up and down. Always a tricky one. I put a Batton of wood across doorways then silicone the joint. I have normally tiled walls first and my cuts are that good, slc doesn't get past them!
Foam does the trick. Give it a try.

O

One Day

I have some slc to do on Monday on a pub door way, not sure what to expect, might grab a can. Does it keep for long time in the van? How long for it to set once you spray it ?

Get an applicator gun and as long as you remember to close the valve and store it upright, it'll keep for ever - until the foam runs out.
Word of advice - carry a spare can so that when one runs dry - you don't dry the gun out.
Also - don't lob a trowel onto the can in the back of your van.
I did once and it is rather messy...

Reply to Do you use foam edging strips for SLC? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays