Search the forum,

Discuss Designing bathrooms for customers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Just wondering do any of you guys get involved in the design stage of bathrooms as im in the middle of doing one for a customer atm, it's on a full renovation job so no walls no floors nothing in yet, first time I really had it from this early on and having no usable input from the customer is actually making it more difficult. If you do design for customers, what programs do you use, or just do it old school with paper and scale rule?

Q

Qwerty

Why do bother designing bathrooms for customers . Is it that you make money on goods or that you get to charge a premium for what you are doing or do you possibly charge a design fee

My price for finished job reflects it. Im an all in one service. I design, spec, source, fit and project manage everything. People pay a fortune to not have that stress in their lives and pay me well for it.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Why do bother designing bathrooms for customers . Is it that you make money on goods or that you get to charge a premium for what you are doing or do you possibly charge a design fee

I don't do it often, usually if I'm in the loop early enough I just make the changes needed to make the room work better if possible, but on this job there is potential for it to be a very nice wet room, but left to plumber and customer it just end up designed badly and using the easiest option in an attempt to keep costs down, I will add a small amount on but only a nominal amount really, I don't mind going over and above for customers when it's needed and I can see potinial for it to be a much nicer space if I get involved

martin1c

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I do the same as Plan Tec apart from the mood boards.

I bought bathcad design software although I'm thinking about doing all design work in sketchup and using a better third party rendering solution.

I've found that I no longer compete with bathroom Fitters. My main competition is the showrooms and if you have better software than them in most cases I get the job.

Reply to Designing bathrooms for customers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays