Search the forum,

Discuss Dark discolouration on tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hello,

I have whitish floor tiles in my bathroom and have noticed dark patches/ discolouration that looks like shadowing on the two tiles next to the shower.
The floor tiles were installed before I moved into the house and have been fine for 2.5 years. I have however just had a new shower cubicle installed and since then have noticed the marks.
I’m guessing this could be water underneath from a leak in the shower? My plumber didn’t seem convinced this was the problem but I can’t see what else it could be.
Welcome advice on this!

Attachments

• 7EE862F9-925C-4CBA-B1CC-82481D115DE6.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 42
  • D39B7460-3D5B-43DD-AC35-624C8DFE874F.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 38

Reply to Dark discolouration on tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays