Search the forum,

Discuss Cracked floor tiles in Texas in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Our house is approx 20 years old. Over the past 2 years or so hairline cracks have formed along two sections of our bathroom floor tiles. They are growing longer. Could this be a problem related to the original installation, or is it more likely a substrate issue? I’m wondering if the concrete slab underneath has cracked. What do you think and can anyone give advice, please? We are in Houston, Tx.
IMG_8172.jpeg
IMG_8172.jpeg

Reply to Cracked floor tiles in Texas in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this, The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays