Search the forum,

Discuss cost of fixing fired earth tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

pricing up a job where 5 bathrooms have the fired earth 75 x 150 crackle tiles called metropolitan lancaster gate.
glazed face with raised centre panel.
all bathrooms approx 20.00 sq mts floor to ceiling.
what would be the going labour rate per sq mt for doing a quality job working in london.
not difficult to fix .just dont do this sort of stuff nowasdays amnd dont want to overcharge a repeat client.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
pricing up a job where 5 bathrooms have the fired earth 75 x 150 crackle tiles called metropolitan lancaster gate.
glazed face with raised centre panel.
all bathrooms approx 20.00 sq mts floor to ceiling.
what would be the going labour rate per sq mt for doing a quality job working in london.
not difficult to fix .just dont do this sort of stuff nowasdays amnd dont want to overcharge a repeat client.

Not sure of the going rate in London, but I have a feeling these will also need to be sealed, you may need to check and build that into your quote.

S

Spud

those prices are too cheap you have to remember jonny has a ltd company and greater overheads than a solo tiler or a small contractor if you think 25 is correct he would need to add in materials and at least 30 % top to cover his business expenses and make a small margin add to that customer dont choose his company on price its on quality so i would say you would need to be in the high thirties

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
those prices are too cheap you have to remember jonny has a ltd company and greater overheads than a solo tiler or a small contractor if you think 25 is correct he would need to add in materials and at least 30 % top to cover his business expenses and make a small margin add to that customer dont choose his company on price its on quality so i would say you would need to be in the high thirties

He asked for labour only Gary

P

Pebbs

The emissions thing is not the clients concern in all fairness whitebeam, Jonny work it backwards onto your day rate, calculate realistically how many m2 a day you can comfortably do, and then divide it. Then add your overheads and blah de blah blah blah. That way if you get the work, you wont be in a panic. Timeless, even if you may think the streets down here are paved with gold, show me a client who will pay £100.00m2 for this type of tiling, and I'll knock the stone and marble on the head and change over to ceramics being our main trade. If Jonny goes in pricing that high, I think he will be laughed out of the picture so to speak.

Lynn

J

jonnyc

well i stuck to my instinct and what i first thought and it was £50.00 per sq mt labour only.
we will see what happens.
i think some of you guys who are used to notching a wall and putting up many metres in a day would do very well out of that price.
there is not much else you can do with small tiles like these.
my company does mainly stone and when we do porcelain it is always solid bed and we plumb walls and level floors .
i actaully know the client as we used to play squash in similar leagues and have done few jobs in past for him with no queries on cost but it was marble and stone.
difference this time is that his builder asked me for a quote to tile porcelain on house in same road and he said i was way too expensive.
there is 60.00 sq mts of limestone in kitchen /utility as well which i will certainly do , so i am not worried if the bathrooms are taken away from me, but would be nice if could do a whole package for him.
sounds like for the 100 sq mts of metro wall tiles i could be between £1000 -£ 2000 more than a competitor but ultimately client can take his choice.
he knows me well from previous work so will be interesting to see if he thinks i am worth the extra dosh.
i will keep you informed

T

Time's Ran Out

The emissions thing is not the clients concern in all fairness whitebeam, Jonny work it backwards onto your day rate, calculate realistically how many m2 a day you can comfortably do, and then divide it. Then add your overheads and blah de blah blah blah. That way if you get the work, you wont be in a panic. Timeless, even if you may think the streets down here are paved with gold, show me a client who will pay £100.00m2 for this type of tiling, and I'll knock the stone and marble on the head and change over to ceramics being our main trade. If Jonny goes in pricing that high, I think he will be laughed out of the picture so to speak.

Lynn

Not sure if you read my post but my estimation was £50.00 per sq mt and as Johnny C has confirmed that's was his submitted price, so even a old yokel like me can still work out the occasional contract!

Reply to cost of fixing fired earth tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays