Search the forum,

Discuss Completed Calacatta Bookmatch, Hampstead. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Ok so just about everyone knows what I've been up to this year. :D
Well you'll be relieved to know this is the final set of images in a post and so as not to bore you to death with hundreds of images, here are my official few and the rest of the job can be viewed on a short video on utube.

IMG_6324.PNG
IMG_7074.JPG

IMG_6315.PNG IMG_6323.PNG IMG_6322.PNG IMG_6321.PNG IMG_6326.PNG IMG_6330.JPG IMG_6317.PNG IMG_6310.PNG IMG_6308.PNG IMG_6309.PNG IMG_6311.PNG IMG_6313.PNG IMG_6314.PNG IMG_6318.PNG IMG_6320.PNG IMG_6325.PNG IMG_6327.PNG IMG_6319.PNG IMG_6312.PNG

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Thanks Mark, kind of you to say, truly!
It's funny, I'm struggling to want to pick up another tile! Hahaha

After that job I can't say I blame ya muck!..... but that kinda work will give others looking to get into the trade and professionals alike to want to do it .....big thumbs up from me .....well done Mate....

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I'm gonna have to back that up......I keep looking at that video and do t think I've seen a more skillful tiling job ......
I'm gonna have to back that up......I keep looking at that video and do t think I've seen a more skillful tiling job ......

Had a chinwag with Dave @ Tradetiler about this job some time ago when it was just starting off and even he was impressed!.....now that's sayin sumthin!

O

Old Mod

Beautiful work
Thanks Martin, really appreciate that!
I'd guess it'll be a job of a lifetime mate, I wouldn't ever expect to get anything like it again, but you never know.
With that in my mind at the time, I had to give it everything I had, and probably a bit more! Haha
So I don't think many could compare their situation to that job. ;)

martin1c

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I'd guess it'll be a job of a lifetime mate, I wouldn't ever expect to get anything like it again, but you never know.

With this job on your CV you can get lots more jobs like it and charge what you want. Those who want perfection will always require some form of testimonial and they won't mind paying whatever it costs if it matches their expectations

B

Blunt Tool

Most professional tilers would be able to take on a Porcel-thin job and make a pretty decent job if given a bit of training, but how many are willing to put in the hours, skill, patience, attention to the littlest detail, to not just produce a nice job but to produce a piece of work that will go down as one of the best ever even among peers. This is the work of a tiler on the very peak of his trade and Marc and this job deserves recognition. CAPOLAVORO

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Glasgow
After the recent job posting for large format i sat down with a cup of tea and some cake to read up more on the Porcel thin jobs why it's so hard to find the correct installers and just what's involved. I know my place in the tiling game and its not to be even thinking of stuff like this but i enjoy looking into the procedures of anything related to the job and i learnt a thing or two about stair risers. I'm just bumping this and a couple other related threads in case there is anyone else like me that enjoys sitting reading these things.

I've never seen these threads before until now and all i can say is it's absolutely outstanding work, pure art and great workmanship and i can see why it's so hard to find the right men for the job. Not many would be able to leave a finish like this. The preparation alone with that model was such a great idea and showed the type of people they had tackling that job took it serious, hats off to @3_fall & @GaryTheTiler :clapping::clapping:

Reply to Completed Calacatta Bookmatch, Hampstead. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays