Search the forum,

Discuss Can I tile directly over this old adhesive (photos included) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all,

I removed some old tiles from the shower and wanted to know if it's possible to tile directly over this old adhesive. I removed some of it but it is a lot of work. I'm also planning not to tile the entire area that was tiled before but rather plaster and paint over it. So for anyone with plastering experience, will I have to remove the old adhesive, or can I place plaster over it and fill the gaps?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20231201_143550.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20231201_143532.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 31

Reply to Can I tile directly over this old adhesive (photos included) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays