Search the forum,

Discuss Baldocer textured porcelain, transit wax residue in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I've just laid a batch of 600 x 400mm Baldocer textured porcelain tiles and there's a shadow of the transit wax on the surface. Nine patches on each and every tile. I've not come across this before as the wax is usually on the upper surface not the underside and comes off easily. This is different and looks like its an intentional pattern.

What to use? Well for the client to use as they bought the tiles and are happy to do the cleaning themselves.

Now the question is did you not notice the marks before fixing, or now if you've been paid let the customer sort it out - they bought them.

The usual thing John, a bit of transit wax on top which you knock/scrape off but this has left a "shadow" for want of a better word. It comes off with a good dry scrub but I wondered if any one had seen this before and had an easier solution.

Reply to Baldocer textured porcelain, transit wax residue in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays