Search the forum,

Discuss Ardex grout nightmare to clean off in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

Ardex is not as good as it used to be .
I find it very difficult to clean off the tile.
And efflorescence is shocking
I’ll agree that lately the FS has been crap and I’m falling out of love with it. I’ve actually started to move to Fugabella eco flex which I’m feel more confident with.
I find that I always have to emulsify the FS now to stand a chance and it’s just too much hard work when compared to the Kerakoll.

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Belfast
I’ll agree that lately the FS has been crap and I’m falling out of love with it. I’ve actually started to move to Fugabella eco flex which I’m feel more confident with.
I find that I always have to emulsify the FS now to stand a chance and it’s just too much hard work when compared to the Kerakoll.
To hard to clean off

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I used to use Ardex, but now I now I only use Weber Premium grout. I thought I was getting better at cleaning up but the Weber rep told me it was the grout! Honestly, this grout is a dream. I leave it for half an hour to firm up and then a couple of wipes with a damp microfibre cloth.

Reply to Ardex grout nightmare to clean off in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The saga of my hollow floor 50sqm continues. All tiles now lifted but there is adhesive around the edges of most tiles (800x800) and a small amount on the back. Whats the best method of cleaning...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays