Ardex Ardex Eg8

Search the forum,

Discuss Ardex Eg8 in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MTiler

Hi

I often work with epoxy grouts and hate the stuff but next week i get a chance to work with a hybrid Ardex EG8.
Whats it like to work with, any tips?

I watched video of someone working with it and it looks very sloppy (i couldnt get any sound on the vid) which isnt gonna be much fun when doing a ceiling. Also reading the Tech sheet it looks as though i wont need a ton of emulsifying pads.

Cheers
Sharon

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hi

I often work with epoxy grouts and hate the stuff but next week i get a chance to work with a hybrid Ardex EG8.
Whats it like to work with, any tips?

I watched video of someone working with it and it looks very sloppy (i couldnt get any sound on the vid) which isnt gonna be much fun when doing a ceiling. Also reading the Tech sheet it looks as though i wont need a ton of emulsifying pads.

Cheers
Sharon
I hate epoxy grouting too and don't really bother with it but the ardex EG8 is easy to use I find you just can't grout too much up like you would cement based as it goes off fairly quick and is harder to wash off, just bare that in mind other than that I highlly recommend this grout......i recently quoted a kitchen floor for a client I had done some work for 2 years ago, I fully tiles the bathroom and ensuite using EG8 grout as the guy specified it and to this day it still looks like new......so I'm happy with it ....hope that helps
Im not worrying, just wondered if there was anything i need to know. If its as easy to work with as people say ill be a happy bunny.
Ill still be wearing nitrile gloves and a mask though lol.

Reply to Ardex Eg8 in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays