Search the forum,

Discuss Advice required regarding floor make up in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

I'm refurbing my bathroom after a leak. I've ripped up the old tiles and the 6mm ply they were sat on and the floor boards underneath are in a bad state. They are 20mm t&g and I was wondering if I can replace them with 18mm t&g ply boards. The wife has decided that she wants UFH so I'm trying to keep the make up thickness to a minimum. After putting down the 18mm t&g ply I was then going to fit 6mm insulated boards, then UFH mat, SLC and then tile on top. My joist centers are 400mm, does this sound ok ?.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I'm tiling over t&g floorboards so aswell as insulating they are providing some sort of support so dont really want to not use them.
If youre relying on a 6mm insulation board for support I'd suggest stop and get someone in that knows what they're doing...

Reply to Advice required regarding floor make up in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays