Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on work done please in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all

I was hoping to get your opinions / thoughts on some work done in the kitchen by the builders at my parents.

The main thing I'm scratching my head about is the tiling when it meets the kitchen cabinets. The builders have left gaps un-tiled under the cabinets and cookerhood and I think have just painted these gappy bits. It's not normal to leave gaps around cabinets, right?

The plastic trim also looks like it's only been used some of the time, so sometimes you go straight from tile to painted wall without the trim to cover it up at all. I guess this isn't normal either because they should have either put trim on all the transitions (or even none at all)?

Final bit, which might not be 100% a tiling question, but are these cabinets missing pelmets? The bottom of the cabinets look really weird and hollow and I can't remember what the old kitchen looked like now 😂

Thanks for taking the time!

Attachments

• Tiling_1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Tiling_2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 53
  • Tiling_3.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 53
  • Tiling_4.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 54
Dorset
No that’s fine, as far as I can see you’ve got trim on external corner where tile meets tile and no trims where tile meets wall. What’s wrong with that? (In my opinion wall/tile transition is usually nearer with no trim)
As for tiling right up to cabinets, depends what was agreed - here the extra slither would look worse than nothing.
I think the job looks ok from what you have shown.
Did you buy pelmet? If so it should have been fitted. But often cornice and pelmet are omitted to keep costs down on a budget job.

Reply to Advice on work done please in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays