Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on removing tiles from plywood in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

eddcottee

Arms
Ipswich
You shouldn't be tiling directly onto plywood mate, it's not an appropriate substrate for tiling onto. So rip it all up including the plywood and then ensure the floor is prepped correctly in order that the client receives a professional job if this is something they are paying money for, which I assume through your use of the word "customer" they are.

You'll then have to do your homework on the correct prep for whatever the situation here is. Use the search bar within this forum and do your research and you should be able to find the answers you need.

S

Steve C

Hello, new to tiling. Customer has requested that the previous floor is to be removed in the bathroom. My guess is that the existing tiles have been laid on a plywood floor.

how difficult is it to remove the tiles and prep the floor for the new tiles. Some videos I am seeing look like horror stories removing the thin set
DIY tiler, I needed to remove some tiles from a wooden floor and used a heat gun to heat tiles, came up okay and easy to remove adhesive when warmed.

Reply to Advice on removing tiles from plywood in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays