Search the forum,

Discuss Advice adhering quadrant tiles to existing glazed tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

OllieM

-
UK
Hi all,

Need advise on how to adhere a quadrant shaped border tile onto existing bumpy gloss wall tiles. Issue I’m trying to solve is a gap between a shower tray and the wall tiles. Gap was unavoidable as the walls were already in place when I replaced the tray and weren’t square, so I have filled the void with silicone and tanked from wall onto edge of the tray, so the tray is water tight but the tanking is exposed past the wall tiles- now trying to cosmetically cover the exposed tanking with quadrant tiles before finishing these with a bead of silicone at the edge.

I’ve cut down some border tiles into quadrants and filled the void at the back of the tile with tile adhesive to give it a flat back. Should I now adhere to the glazed face of the wall tiles with something like CT1, or will tile adhesive work onto the glazed tile surface? If so, do I need to prime the existing glazed tiles in order for the quadrant tiles to adhere properly? The tile adhesive I have is topps tiles slow set flexible stuff leftover from the wall tiles.
Any help much appreciated!

Attachments

• 03337A0E-E544-4A61-A249-4A2EA019CA2A.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 64E7252A-F48F-42D1-AB34-56F775063C0E.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 16
  • 121B423D-9A49-40B1-B7B1-5F86F0DF2EB8.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 11

Reply to Advice adhering quadrant tiles to existing glazed tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays