Questions and tiling advice in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating - Tiling on Underfloor Heating. Whether Electric Under-floor Heating Systems, or Water (Wet) Under Floor Heat Systems. Radiant heating installation advice. Design layout and CAD for under floor heating systems. Hot water systems..
Search the forum,
Normal Threads
F
hi guys , I'm currently doing a kitchen & utility complete renovation and laying a new floor ready for ufh , I've laid the mot , sand binding , DPM & 100mm of concrete for sub base . Got 90mm foil...
  • firekill
Replies
Views
D
Hi - Anyone know if its ok to use RLS over an electric, loose wire UFH system? It's covered with a thin (4mm) layer of SLC which just about covers the wire and keeps them in place for tiling. Will...
  • dazlp
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G
D
Hi. I've used SLC to cover the electric wire in a few other rooms in the house and not had any issues at all. However, now doing the hallway and there's a slight 'flat' slope in the floor (20mm...
  • dazlp
Replies
Views
One Day
O
My understanding is that thermostats that have a built in air sensor and external floor sensor can be set at floor only, ambient air AND floor (where the air temp takes precedent and the floor...
  • macten
Replies
Views
S
So this is my first post and wanted to see how others do it, as I don't know if I'm creating more work than is required. When doing a room with electric underfloor heating, if on a timber or...
  • Stevie J
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
A
Hi everyone, We’re having a ground floor extension and the new area is block and beam with 100mm celotex. The existing connected floor space from the main house has had the screed removed and the...
  • Alienjoker
Replies
Views
Alienjoker
A
F
it’s upstairs on a job, Not one I’ve seen before, these aren’t in the area they want tiling. wall has been took out in another area and exposed the system.
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
F
What are your opinions on electric underfloor heating outputs? I always go for the 200w option. A few of the uncoupling systems seem to be 160w ish, I’m not sure why that is? The elektra one and...
  • Flintstone
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
M
Hullo all! I’ve been impressed by the professional attitude of posters here so wonder if I might take some advice on my refurb project. It’s a 300m2 bungalow, mixed 60s/90s extension, solid floor...
  • MarkSS
Replies
Views
N
Hi I am currently doing my bathroom and before tiling the floor had planned on laying 6mm warm-up insulation board directly on to my existing floor which is 22mm tongue and groove floorboards. Can...
  • Nick85
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
Hi I joined and posted on this forum little while ago regarding our bathroom and ensuite wetroom designs - you guys were really helpful and your input really helped us improve the design and make...
  • Eclipse
Replies
Views
L
T
Hi all, some advice would be helpful here. I have a job coming up with natural stone. Part of the floor is being heated with a 12m2 mat. The substrate is a 20yr old concrete screed. My question is...
  • Tiling&bathrooms
Replies
Views
R
Hi, We have been in our house a few years but noticed as soon as we moved in that the tiles were loose, with grout cracking. Over the years we've had to replace tiles that crack. We now want...
  • Rosewood
Replies
Views
Rosewood
R
I will be getting a new build house that has an open kitchen and dining area. The total area is 30sqm. I will spend most of the time in the dining area and I'm wondering if I can just get...
  • UnderTile
Replies
Views
G
I am hoping you can help me with my underfloor heating problem. I am currently building an extension to the rear of the property and have now decided after the floor has been prepped and signed...
  • GMajor13
Replies
Views
L
Hi, I have a 44 sq a screed floor with UFH pipes running through. The whole area will be tiled, do I need to fit ditra mat or should I be ok tiling straight onto the screed? I'm thinking I...
  • Lee McMullen
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H
D
Does anybody know of anybody who can come with a thermal imaging camera as I have a customer who wants to put new wall radiator pipes through electric under heated floor or anywhere I can hire...
  • Dumbo
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
J
So fitted Quartz starstone floor tiles. Used Mapei super flexible UFH compatible adhesive on screwed and glued 6mm Hardie backer board. Finished with Granfix maxigrout flexible grout. Floor area...
  • john56897452
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
V
Hi, we have suspended floor in our hallway and we have got the wet underfloor heating in this area. We had reengineer wood initially but we extended the area by building porch and would like to...
  • Vikky
Replies
Views
One Day
O
J
Hi I intend to start tiling tonight dependent on advice from here. Firstly the area is only 1.36sqm . I have installed a warmup loose wire system over glued and screwed hardie backer board. I do...
  • john56897452
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
Hello all, just a quick one, what do you lot recom3nd as the cheapest method of keeping floor levels throughout the whole of a down stairs if only the kitchen is having electric ufh. Its over...
  • Ttt1601
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Got my dad's en-suite to tile, planning on laying some electric underfloor heating down and just want verification. It's a weyrock floor currently. My plan was to lay insulation board...
  • Anon1324
Replies
Views
Anon1324
A
L
hi all, I'm about to start a new extension which will be 27ft x 11ft (8ft ceilings) and will be an open plan living/kitchen/dining area. The floor will be ceramic/porcelain when finished. I was...
  • Letmein123
Replies
Views
Tilerdurden
T
Hi all. I hope you will be able to guide me on this. I am going to be tiling the floor of our new conservatory, but want to make sure it is done right. It has the JG Speedfit 30 pack wet...
  • MalcyB
Replies
Views
Natwasere
N
L
hi all, I'm about to start a new extension which will be 27ft x 11ft (8ft ceilings) and will be an open plan living/kitchen/dining area. The floor will be ceramic/porcelain when finished. My...
  • Letmein123
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, Bit of a newbie, but we've just bought a house with UFH throughout. The ground floor is completely tiled, but in two rooms we want carpet. Can we carpet over the tiles without any...
  • Richard yeo
Replies
Views
Spacey
S
Ive just bin to look at a job roughly 80m the customer wants Nu heat low pro I've never used this before so is there any Do's and Don't I'm gonna be laying it all well I'm gonna be helping the...
  • Kyle Knowles
Replies
Views
Hi.will dural ci fh membrane be enough to use straight on chipboard floor which looks pretty sound with 1.2m over 0.6m, 10mm thick porcelain on top? 20m2 coverage. Thanks Andrew
  • andreas
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
H
So I've returned to a job today to put some tiled skirts on and I see hairline cracks on the floor! Only in grout lines. 30m2 floor 600x600 porcelain tiles double buttered with tile master rapid...
  • hps1
Replies
Views
Kevbos
K
L
Hi all I'm after some advice. Planning to lay some Heatmat on top of Marmox 6mm boards in my Concrete kitchen floor then tile on top. The floor has quite a substantial dip/slope probably about...
  • littledave
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays