Search the forum,

Discuss What Would You Want From A Tile Fixer's Association? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
It's a good idea in theory to have these trade governing bodies, and in some ways i'm all for it, but until the masses are educated regarding different trades and who should and shouldn't be doing them it's just pointless. So many other countries seem to have better systems where a tiler is just that,so is a plumber, spark etc. In this country it seems to be the norm that you are encouraged to do a bit of everything. Which is why there is such a massive amount of rework jobs out there. So much of my work last year was rework. It's sad really.
So I guess I would like a governing body fighting to get it into peoples thick skulls that tiling is actually a bit more than a bit of PVA and blobbed adhesives.
Not sure how they would go about that mind.......

S

SJPurdy

Access to standard written forms would help many who are good at the practical tiling side of things but lack confidence in documentation. eg. standard terms of business, terms of payment, clauses that should be included in quotations etc.

A way of registering work completed that would record eg materials used, methods used etc. that could be part of some type of guarantee for the work (customer payment premium). If you want double glazing fitted now it has to be by a member of FENSA so that you have some form of guarantee - so maybe something similar to this. I think similar things apply to tiling in other countries.

It would have to be meaningful to the customers of members. Members must be vetted for their ability to do just general tiling work, plus design and fitting wet-rooms, plus under tile heating etc. or whatever they will be claiming they can do as members. Members must be seen as more than someone just paying to be a member (there are too many of those associations already).

B

bcd-87

Access to standard written forms would help many who are good at the practical tiling side of things but lack confidence in documentation. eg. standard terms of business, terms of payment, clauses that should be included in quotations etc.

A way of registering work completed that would record eg materials used, methods used etc. that could be part of some type of guarantee for the work (customer payment premium). If you want double glazing fitted now it has to be by a member of FENSA so that you have some form of guarantee - so maybe something similar to this. I think similar things apply to tiling in other countries.

It would have to be meaningful to the customers of members. Members must be vetted for their ability to do just general tiling work, plus design and fitting wet-rooms, plus under tile heating etc. or whatever they will be claiming they can do as members. Members must be seen as more than someone just paying to be a member (there are too many of those associations already).

Very good answer

I

Italy

is off topic?
I, in Italy I would like a database in real time, where to put all those who do not pay within 30 days of the work.
so as not to no work to perform to these gentlemen.
if the work is not performed to perfection, pay first then dispute before the judge.
all in 30 days.
not 30 years ....
for example in Austria, if not paid within 30 days, you do not buy no more in austria.
Italian economy apportioned in six months, it's only money that begin to spin

Reply to What Would You Want From A Tile Fixer's Association? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement