Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Apologies mods of this needs to go elsewhere.. please feel free to move it or bin it!

Riiiight.. here goes....

We've been in our first house nearly 2 years now. We've (well ... more like I'VE!) done everything else bar the bathroom. It's an old 1800's cottage so the bathroom was in a pretty bad way. Solidly built but nasty and OLD!

I decided a few weeks ago to RIP it out and start from the beginning.

First task was to move the hot water cylinder from in the bathroom to a new cupboard outside the room (thanks to Scruff from ultimatehandyman.co.uk for the advice!)

Now you see it...

7599aa0b.jpg

Now you dont!

984bc1db.jpg

Ive taken quite a lot out..

CARNAGE

6ea9c026.jpg

80443c6c.jpg

Well, I picked up a load of bits today..

Marmox goods and tiles!

dd3c2c45.jpg

25b0ec7e.jpg

57a0edf2.jpg

98dac92b.jpg

8fe80143.jpg

New shower pump for the house too

89a80179.jpg

Also have taken delivery of a taptile wireless light switch system Taptile - Ditch the switch one-touch mood lighting and dimming solutions for the bathroom and kitchen

6 astro glass downlights

an airflow icon15 extractor fan

and some Polk RC60i ceiling speakers

and a couple of remote water isolation switches about surestop

More bits arrive tomorrow.. i'll update this thread as I go along... im taking next week off to start the plumbing and install!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davemul

Yo Bob.. I think its brass thats been chrome plated mate.

Finished boarding the last wall today.. ready to tile!

Mirror arrived, its a infrared touchless one.. just wave a finger under the unit and it switches on lights and mood lights... its also heated so should never steam up!

New shaver socket to get rid of the PONY old one.. oh and also test fitted the bathroom stereo amp/radio/ipod dock.. its uber cool... also wirelessly links to my iTunes library so have complete access to all my tunes! all controlled by my iPhone or iPad! (or the supplied remote)

Missus has also been painting the ceiling, hence towels and sheets everywhere!

Had a bracket made on a CNC mill also to fix to ceiling to add additional support for the wet room screen

Done for today!

CNC Milled

8b66cc33.jpg

URRGH, BIN!

e555034a.jpg

Smile!

8d3524f2.jpg

376d6665.jpg

289810d2.jpg

a50b5553.jpg

f4308d90.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davemul

Thanks Bob. Yeah it wasnt cheap! But I bought myself Forza 4 to console myself.. oh and that new Batman game for the PS3! might try and get a few games in this weekend!

Slapped on a few tiles today and installed a couple of thermostats to start the UFH running in marathon! for the bathroom and kitchen.... will do conservatory when its decorated / clear of all my tools!

66bc1a0f.jpg

b65762f4.jpg

cf51bea0.jpg

D

davemul

Mike, its a pumped system.

2 sensors one on each supply pipe to shower

measures the flow in Litres p/m.. the system is mapped from low to high flow. Auto adusts suction of water from drain gulley depending on how much water is used.

Also switches on at low voltage/suction 15 mins after you have finished showering to clear any residual water that may be in the gulley.

It then recycles the water drained and turns it in to vodka for me

last bit not true, I wish!

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.