Search the forum,

Discuss Van Security Thread in the General Business Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
After seeing this on the plumbing forum I thought it's wise for us to share van security tips, and van models to avoid (this is Mk7 Transit - has no top runner on the door which apparently allows you to stand on the door and simply bend it in a few seconds).

Alarms, dead locks, chains on the inside attaching to bulkheads, CCTV covering the drive, etc etc

bent door (1).jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
When you come to sell your van though, the guy buying it knows it hasn't been broken into etc, so you stand out a bit above the others with the same van.

Just chatting to some of the others in the arms on the other forums, and some have lost 10's of thousands it seems. Sparks with their testing equipment and plumbers with the thermal imaging equipment etc. Shocking. I think if you have an expensive saw in the back and a bad back from pulling it in and out every night, it's worth a few hundred quid for that.

Perhaps just deadlock the front and side, then chain the back, or something. Worth considering though.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You can put as many locks as you want. It wont stop crafty fu@#ers. Senn feew week ago on Facebook. Locksmiths van broke in to. They cut open the roof with tinsnips. Stole over 15k of tools. Didnt touch doors.
That's a bold move!

You need to just make it as hard as possible. It'd deter the smack-heads. Those who did that van I bet were a league or two under the London Jewel Heist type affair. You wont stop them. Even when they're in their 60's lol They do it as a hobby.

Reply to Van Security Thread in the General Business Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays