Search the forum,

Discuss Best QUALITY Grout there is? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

wau5

Last year when tiling bathroom I used mapei ultracolor plus limestone (the one which has all the bells and whistles written on packaging) , it wasn't the nicest to work with,was patchy/had colour bleed and a year later it has lost its colour/washed off in wetroom area -not really impressed with it... Can't really rate it more highly than a super super cheap no-name grout I had used before..
Same with their shaded silicone..a year later it looks ''worn'' where as the dow corning silicone in nearby place applied at same time still looks as new.

What do the Pro's use? What's the best quality stuff there is?
I saw someone mentioned a tilemaster 3000 grout and said its much better than the mapei , but that's just one name I saw. Not really sure what to look for, have a whole kitchen to grout & Don't want to use the lowest quality stuff just because everyone stocks it.

R

Raphael

I built and tiled a suspended LVL and timber framed pool deck with a Hebel power floor. And used Ardex for absolutely everything primer, waterproofing, adhesive, grout, and silicone for the expansion joints.. my priority was water protection and maximum flexibiliy for movement:.
In regards to Ardex grout, I think it’s great, but take note, the additives ie grout booster (I was using 80% booster 20% water) is white in colour and will lighten the colour of the mix, so choose a shade or 2 darker to compensate

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Staffordshire

Reply to Best QUALITY Grout there is? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

Advertisement