Questions and tiling advice in the The Welcome Forum - Please post an introduction message in this forum by clicking HERE..
Search the forum,
Normal Threads
Hello everyone. I am Theo and I am really happy to be part of this community. Looking forward to learning, sharing and networking. Thank you for this opportunity.
  • Theophilus
Replies
Views
Hi all, I finished the Able Skills basic tiling course, which was fantastic. Here to learn more 👍
  • Mitchell
Replies
Views
How do I register as a pro tiler please?
  • craig89
Replies
Views
Nice forum you have here. Seems very helpful. I have some work coming up soon so will post in the more relevant forum. I hope your businesses are flourishing! Be well
  • Bob Marley
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted (due to inactivity?)
  • Matthew77
Replies
Views
It seems I neglected to say hello, very remiss of me... During all the covid lockdowns I signed up for a one week DIY course with Able Skills in Dartford, which then became the four week advanced...
  • djfozzi
Replies
Views
I have a small 2br on slab 1950’s originally had 9” vinyl tiles and dark brown/ black adhesive. After the tiles were removed the abaters softened/dissolved the glue and mopped and wiped up what...
  • msjenkins
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
Hi been a lurker for a while. I buy property and renovate to sell or rent. I do most of this work myself and often requires major works (takes me long time). Places always need new multiple...
  • steve gilbert
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, My names Fraser I have been in the motor trade for 17 years, after falling out with cars daily for the last few years i fancied a change. I have been on a weeks beginners tiling...
  • Fraser Garvie
Replies
Views
Recently we had our bathroom renovated. Unfortunately we trusted that the bathroom would be expertly fitted over the two weeks we were away to avoid too much hindrance both sides. Unfortunately we...
  • Dolores
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
  • Wilbur
Replies
Views
New to this forum. Tiling in Edinburgh. Hello everyone.
  • elgrenkoid
Replies
Views
Hi to everyone on here as im new to the forum. After tiling on major house building new build sites for the last 7 years ive fallen back into more domestic work and out of the loop where prices...
  • COYI72
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm Charlie, a wall and floor tiler and brick slip fitter from Staffordshire covering all of West Midlands and North West, currently working in shopfitting for projects in London but...
  • valianttiling
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
  • AndyZR81
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently had a new shower installed with a gloss glazed porcelain tile which subsequently developed a dark band of shadow along the bottom at the back is if it were damp behind. We removed...
  • Cathy2023
Replies
Views
Hi guys, newbie here and after advice/opinion So we have 210sqm of 120x120x6mm porcelain floor tiles to go down onto UFH with a Chemfloor cement floor. I have been told I need decoupling mat...
  • ukjamie
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’ve been trying to seek advice on whether the recently finished tiling/grouting in my bathroom is acceptable or not. I don’t think it is and neither do any of my friends or family. The...
  • Joseppy19
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Im a plumber who also fits bathrooms and kitchens, thats the tiling part! Based in SE London. Been trading for nearly 30 years, still learning… So, i am building a wetroom using a...
  • Whydiy
Replies
Views
Hi, We are tiling our kitchen with limestone tiles - we have already done it in the hallway and are carryin on through - The Hallway was floorboards so I used No more ply and this worked fine -...
  • CS_825
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I’m David, alias ‘The Famous Forry’ and have just joined your tiling forum. Feels good to here.
  • The Famous Forry
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am after some opinions on some recent tiling work I have had done, there are a few aspects of the work that I am not happy with. Firstly, the wall tiles that have been used are...
  • howard 10
Replies
Views
Hi, after some advice, doing some renovations at a house we’ve just moved into. Knocked kitchen/diner into 1 room, took the tiles up from the existing kitchen and there appears to be a hump in...
  • Fred2020
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, great to have found this forum, recently moved to chesterfield from Nottingham, so looking to make new contacts for work etc, save me driving to Nottinhgham as I,m currently doing...
  • AG Tiling and stone uk
Replies
Views
Here is the situation. I live in Alaska. I am building a shower pan so I can tile a new shower. I just put in the pan liner after I put a sloped mixed concrete I guess you would call it...
  • gbsk12
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Introduction time to this great forum. My name is David Alp, and have joined this site to try to get some help and advice regarding my "Beige" White Floor Tiles which I bought...
  • David Alp
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, just rejoined after a few years away. I've created a new thread earlier but forgot to attach the photo i referred to. How can I edit posts? Can't find any edit buttons or help to...
  • Rob99uk
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, this is a long shot but I'm looking to see if anyone recognises this discontinued tile and better still has any for sale ? Unfortunately I don't know the manufacturer or where it was...
  • frankytile
Replies
Views
It is a pleasure to welcome everyone to this forum. It will be a pleasure to get to know everyone. I have been laying tiles for many years, but not in any kind of business. And at their relatives...
  • JulissaGuerrero
Replies
Views
To Remove Old Glue, Mastic or ?. OR to add Glue and Leave what's there in place? The plan is to replace the squares with 15"x 30" tiles. I am leaning toward demo, but am I asking for more...
  • TRMNCT
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays