Questions and tiling advice in the Australia Tiling Forum - Australian Tiling Advice, cutting practices, tool selection, which tile adhesives to use and more. Australia Tiling Forum. Australia Tile Installation Advice, Tile Selection Advice for Tilers and D.I.Y Tile Installations. Aussie Tilers and Global Tile Fixers Unite on this Facebook-free Forum. Browse for free with ads or subscribe to be part of the Global Tiling Network.
Search the forum,

Sticky Threads
Hi! Hoping for some advice on fixing this efflorescence. Only have this issue in the shower. Have the same tiles elsewhere without issue. Have tried vinegar, have tried dravco tile cleaner and...
  • abtilequestions
Answers
Views
Hello, All. I found you just now, and needing a bit of advice I thought I'd join up. So far the forum looks like just what I need. See you in the forums. Cheers.
  • Triler
Answers
Views
C
HI I was hoping I could find out some information from you guys. How is the tiling industry over in Australia? I am 32years old and am keen to come over and start our new life. Is there...
  • Craig Shepard
Answers
Views
S
We are having a constant battle with learners and employers of apprentices regarding leaving tile spacers in the joint. This is something I have never done on any job ( that I can...
  • SCCB
2 3
Answers
Views
Cera Nevada
C
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve recently done a few bathroom renovations, using a Universal Shower Base, where a fibreglass shower...
  • Melbourne Builder
Answers
Views
G
After using black grout on my beige porcelain matt tiles, it's left stains that won't come off with water on a kitchen sponge scrubber. Is there a correct way/product to do this?
  • gooty
Answers
Views
Normal Threads
Work Done Epoxy grout was installed by the Grouting company on the tiles on the external balcony over a period of around 6 weeks during frequent rain after the tiler completed the tiling job...
  • sanjcrsta
Answers
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler to join our down to earth team. Mainly domestic insurance work around Brisbane Australia metro...
  • Rodders999
Answers
Views
R
Well knowing how busy you all are. thought we would give you a fair bit of notice so will have a training day on fixing large format thin tiles on sunday 27 of april starting at 10am give you time...
  • Rizzle from the Portizzle
2 3 4 5 6 7
Answers
Views
P
We had a wet room installed about 8 months ago. The floor is tiled with large 60x60cm porcelain tiles laid on Impey Waterguard membrane and the shower tray is Impey Aquadec Easyfit with the...
  • Paula
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Answers
Views
  • Simon Dale
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Answers
Views
Hi there, I’m in a bit of a pickle. I hired a tiler to do our tiling and initially he told us that it would cost $50psm. Once the job was done, he then told us he’s charging us an extra $3000+...
  • Imhomeownerbuilder
Answers
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on colour, I decided on Mapei Moon white for the kitchen tiles which looked a pleasant light grey in the...
  • Flipjango
Answers
Views
We are a tile retail and fixing company in Tasmania Australia and have had success with one tiler coming from England to work for us. Are there any more that are interested?
  • Peter Rossetto
Answers
Views
D
first time I've used this membrane as customer supplied it, hopefully it will be the last, not saying it's a bad product but hell it's hard to lay.As soon as you take the backing off you've just...
  • Dougs Third Go
Answers
Views
Stevenorth
S
Hi guys, My name is Jepp, the co-owner of Leerberg Tiling Pty Ltd, a licensed tiling company in NSW, Australia with over 50 years of experience in the field. I recently just joined this forum and...
  • leerbergtiling
Answers
Views
D
I work as a self employed tiler and after moving in to my new home decided to re fit the bathroom and install a shower tray and frameless enclosure. I purchased 6 square metres of antique smooth...
  • dodd4721
Answers
Views
Help please!
H
This is about a Victorian conversion property I am buying. I agreed purchase on condition that I fitted out 2 bathrooms. Builder has constructed the following floor structure: "The floor make up...
  • aflemi
Answers
Views
M
BRAND NEW IN BOX UNUSED NORMALLY £300 REDUCED TO £250 Scheppach FS 850 WET TILE CUTTER/SAW tile cutter for cutting tiles up to 850mm length will cut ceramic,porcelain,quarry,slate,marble,stone and...
  • mhtiler
Answers
Views
Janet Lunt
J
S
I have read that the alkali in the cement board can slowly rust a screw over a period of time. The screwfix turbo gold screw says it is zinc & yellow passivated for double corrosion resistance...
  • Speedoman
Answers
Views
BillyD
B
T
Following a few past threads there seems to be some confusion on what tiles can go onto what walls. Most of you here are professional tilers so apologies if any of this is old news. This is for...
  • Tile Shop
Answers
Views
Million Kibrom
M
A
Just wondered if anyone has a view on this. I went to my local Topps branch to pick up a couple of bags of BAL Micromax2 grout and a bottle of BAL GT1 Admix for a shower job in one of my holiday...
  • Angling Mad
Answers
Views
Homegarden
H
T
Hi everyone, I have seen this question has been asked before on here but I want to get a definitive answer. I have just used Mapei Kerapoxy to grout my granite tile kitchen worktop and am now...
  • tylertiler
Answers
Views
Mikeyy
M
I just had these tiles installed last week by a professional, they tell me this is normal and there is nothing wrong https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Tj1mpy_CGnc
  • Saars1337
Answers
Views
Hey all, I posted on here before asking for work when I first arrived in Sydney as I'm on a WHV around Australia, I was wondering if anyone knows if non-Australian residents can do some sort of...
  • CharSheer
Answers
Views
S
Hello , I wanted some advice for tiling in our new extension floor , I have 8x2 C24 floor joists spaning 3.9 meters long fixed to wall plates via bolts at 300 centres, each joist at the centre...
  • Sohail
Answers
Views
A
Hi all, I have recently had an Indian Sandstone installed in Oxfordshire, after some thought I decided to seal it, we have parties, we have kids and I have clumsy other half. I waited for around...
  • adam72
Answers
Views
DavidK
D
Hello everyone, Thank you for allowing me to join the forum. I'm replacing the toilet hand basin and needed to remove some old tiles because the size of the new basin didn't match up to the...
  • steve916
Answers
Views
A
Been using Topps flexi rapid set for my floor tiling, however just recently had a few problems with tiles lifting. Floors are timber, overplyed (with trillions of screws) and primed with Bal...
  • antded
Answers
Views
ECOTEC
E
G
Hi I need to replace some tiles tiles on our kitchen floor that are chipped . There are about 7 in total I have a box remaining which I kept which have a total of 10. Thinking long term as the...
  • Gray22
Answers
Views
SHARON
S
Does anyone know of a forum like this one that can give advice on tiling methods, primer, waterproofing etc. While this forum is wonderful and I have used it many times, not just to ask questions...
  • llevram
Answers
Views
A
Tilers wanted for commercial work, must be prepared to travel and have their own vehicle. First job is in Cardiff around 16h February. Must be experienced.Please drop me an inbox with your contact...
  • alexc1989
Answers
Views
Josh Rockett
J
UK Pro Tiling Training have developed a tiling training course that can be completed without the need to travel, accessible from anywhere in the world. the program has 45 professional tiling...
  • UKTT Darren
Answers
Views
Hi guys is it possible to remove a sealer of a tile ? …I have left a stain on a few tiles & sealed over it so need to strip it off…what would be best ..thanks
  • Baracuda234
Answers
Views
M
I'm tiling (9mm) over cement board (12.5mm) around a bath and the board/ tiling will be 1200mm high, so the top will have a "bare edge". What tile trim is recommended to cover the cement board/...
  • mhuk
Answers
Views
WharncliffeSteve
W
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler to join our down to earth team. Mainly domestic insurance work around Brisbane Australia metro...
  • Rodders999
Answers
Views
TileRight
T
Post a New Thread / Question
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement