• Thread starter david campbell
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 557
  • usa
Search the forum,

Discuss yell/google advertising in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

i received a call from yell this morning!
basically what it is,they are running a new campaign similar to google adwords,you sign up to £40 pm +vat,but claim if your clicks only amount to a lesser total then that is all you pay,initially it is for 4 months to see how you fare before commiting to any further term.
has anyone else on the forum used this or been approached themselves and what do they think?

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
i used to advertise with yell,only ever had one hit , imo not worth it,maybe it depends on area you live
they did claim if i had been with them the previous month my add would have been viewed a thousand times,i think the information they give you is not quite accurate

Last edited:
A

Aston

i wouldnt touch yell with a barge pole..i paid nearly £2k last year for a ad and it was useless. save your money mate or put it into other areas :thumbsup: when i was opening a new business account last thursday, the business manager told me that they were constantly were being told by business's that yell wasnt working for them..:thumbsdown:

A

aph257

Hi DC,
I'm a new(ish) tiler and have registered for free on Yell.com. then got the same call you got. the Salesman was very good, but plucked figures of £800 for the year and when i said too much, came down eventually to £400 at which point he'd been on the phone to me for 40 mins. i said still too much and it is. other tilers i have spoke to have since have said to avoid like the plague. so there you go!!!

T

Time's Ran Out

I think that for £160+vat you'll cover your costs but not much more. You'll only need 1 job to pay for it and 2 more to make a wage for the 3.
With advertising I think where would I look for a tradesman when I want some work done - and its usually through people I know/come into contact with.
Even the web page is just for directing potential customers too prior to measuring up or an introducton.
Point of sale - cards,leaflets,van signage etc are there when someone needs you.

Reply to yell/google advertising in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen