Search the forum,

Discuss Would you bother with 2 mats? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
@Uheat - Jake can you tell me a bit more about the system, what wattage per m can you run it at with various spacing ? Is it compatable with warm a warm up stat ?
With our heatbase your looking at 160w/m2 at 2 spacings and 100w/m2 with 3 spacings. It can also be self levelling as we recommend to fill all the spare gaps with either tile adhesive or SLC.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
I've not compared prices where's the best place to go for a price are they a forum sponsor ?
Kyle, give me a call when you've got a few minutes free.
01394 593305

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Another question... obviously cables aren't laid under permanent structures but what about conservatory furniture like sofa and chairs? Most of the time they'll stay put but will be moved on occasion.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
Another question... obviously cables aren't laid under permanent structures but what about conservatory furniture like sofa and chairs? Most of the time they'll stay put but will be moved on occasion.
If it's on legs then it's okay, however if it's a fixed cabinet which won't allow air to circulate underneath then no.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Floor finally up and it's nearly filled a 4 yard skip!
20170809_161448.jpg

Base slab primed

20170809_155634.jpg
Got to hit it with a load of leveller! Slab is in good knick with no cracks but really rough in places and the whole floor slopes down from the bay area to the house by 25mm. 20mm thermal boards isn't an option now so will go for 10mm. Went round
after work to set datum dots and my Dad is going to do the rails in sand and cement tomorrow. 4 bays - perimeter and halved with a small bay near the exterior door to level last on my way out.
20170809_195047.jpg

The final finished floor height (even with 10mm boards) will be above the pvc step but I have got a plan to sort that out.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Floor levelled and ready for boards and heatbase when ever that will be.

20170811_152258.jpg

20170812_115722.jpg

20170812_152501.jpg

20170812_152529.jpg

20170812_152554.jpg

My Dads first attempt at the rails failed after they started collapsing and blowing away when he opened the door to show me what a neat job he'd done. He thought the mortar mix was predosed and had to just add water and was surprised it wasn't solid after a couple of years in his shed. Told him to go get some new stuff but he's a bit of a womble and forgotten he must have used the cement dose years ago for something else. So his first attempt was basically playing with sand :D

F

Flintstone

Great job on the levelling, how did he make the barriers just a trowel? Are you a professional tiler ?

D

Dumbo

Great job on the levelling, how did he make the barriers just a trowel? Are you a professional tiler ?
I know a couple of brothers that have tiled in Germany and apparently they stick down strips of plaster board with rapid set.

Reply to Would you bother with 2 mats? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen