Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Mod

Nice! Cut of the day right there then:D
Not so much the cut mate, it was where it had to go! Haha the sink could not be removed!! And it pulled forward enough with me and Gary hanging off it to slide it behind, just, and I mean just! Haha
IMG_7856.JPG IMG_7857.JPG IMG_7858.JPG IMG_7859.JPG

Gotta fit the cut out now inside the unit and over the bloody pipework!
I can't say what I want to say oh here, suffice to say,
Gosh some builders are so very taxing on occasion aren't they! :rolleyes:

O

Old Mod

Could you not of set it out better ...:)
And morning...
Well Andrew it's bookmatched, full wrap walls and floors, the set out point is fixed, nothing we can do.
Would you care to guess as to where that point might be?
Anyone? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Old Mod

Why? Because you're not a plumber/ carpenter/bathroom fitter?
Serious question, I can't see in the pictures why it couldn't come out. Surely it would have saved so much time and stress even if it was, for some strange reason, awkward to remove.

.....Good morning!

Yes good morning Paul!......
And as you were so polite as to ask nicely, I'll answer you. :)
The builder in his infinite wisdom thought that the unit and sink were so heavy that he first bolted the carcass to the wall, adding extra cross members at the back and Chem fixing the bolts in, issue 1.
Then........ he placed in the sink, and proceeded to chem fix in two more bolts thro openings in the back of the sink. Even with the nuts undone, the sink won't pull forward enough to clear the bolts to enable you to lift the sink up and out.
Is that a satisfactory answer for you? :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks