Search the forum,

Discuss Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

EH TILING

passed the health and safety test today, should get my cscs card as nvq level 2 wall and floor tiler in the post! :hurray:

Reaction score
iv'e been on commercial sit's for year's and no one has ever asked me for anything other than the silly H&S man keep telling me to put my hat on , that was up north, but when you work in london most sites are a shambles at H&S i would say northerner's take it more seriously :thumbsup:

V

village tiling

i personally dont think alot will change.. its similar to a few years ago when everyone was sayin that if you didnt have your CSCS card you wouldnt be allowed on sites after 2008... i havnt got a CSCS and noone has ever asked me for a CSCS card on any site ive been on. if you have got common sense and are a good tiler there is no reason why you shouldnt get site work, i get loads of site work..i think that alot of this stuff is scaremongering by the authorities and an excuse for the government to make money out of people by introducing these hairbrained schemes..... but thats just my opinion!!!!!

L

LHowellCeramics

Ive Just Got my self onto an NVQ Asssment said can take upto 9 months?
Im Now able to apply for my CSCS Card as im enroled onto a course.
Does anybody know which test i have to sit as its ome up with 16 different tests to take but nothing that says tilers?

Cheers
Luke

N

Noitavonni

Thats where I started it 18 years ago, to re-sit it there would have cost me £ and time. Donny have free placements and they assess me in the workplace with only 1 class room visit!:thumbsup:

P

psychowitch

Ive tried to get my NVQ via Capital Training in Wales... (it was one recommended to me) unfortunately early on work dried up so nothing for them to look at! Then when work started coming in they would never have the guy in my area at the right time...just a pain in the neck..stuck all my details in their database to keep in contact and then found it all wiped off for some reason...they never call back...

anyways anyone know of a Govt. funded NVQ assessor nearer Colchester? would like to get it done in 2010 ..

M

muffinman

Ive tried to get my NVQ via Capital Training in Wales... (it was one recommended to me) unfortunately early on work dried up so nothing for them to look at! Then when work started coming in they would never have the guy in my area at the right time...just a pain in the neck..stuck all my details in their database to keep in contact and then found it all wiped off for some reason...they never call back...

anyways anyone know of a Govt. funded NVQ assessor nearer Colchester? would like to get it done in 2010 ..
do you know if they got a grant for you if so then have not done there job

Reply to Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen