Search the forum,

Discuss Which screed would you recommend for wet UFH ? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

TC1973

TF
Reaction score
Hi folks,
Just looked at a conservatory tiling job. Wet UFH system, set into sand and cement approx 50mm thick. Fitted 2 months ago so should be cured. Heating yet to be commissioned. The sand and cement is dog rough, going to need prepping to level the floor ready to receive 500mm x 500mm porcelain. Been a while since I've done this type of floor. I'm more familiar with electric UFH, would normally use Mapei eco3210 over cables, then Weber PR360 primer with Norcross semi-rapid (flexi) adhesive. Never had a problem in over 14 years (touches wood). Would these materials be fit for purpose on a wet system, sand/cement screed? If not, what would you prefer ?
Much appreciated,
Tony

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
50mm sand cement with wet heating is not fit for purpose

TC1973

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Alan. What should they have used? Any materials I could use to level then lay tiles or should I just walk away ? Much appreciate your input.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Minimum 65mm sand:cement or 50mm liquid screed

Reply to Which screed would you recommend for wet UFH ? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen