Search the forum,

Discuss What you up to this weekend in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

i got a kitchen wall and bathroom wall (same house) to try finish today, i'm going to struggle as its pouring down here and i'll have to go outside to do some cuts :mad2: i got another bathroom to start tomorrow so no day off for me :prrr:

U

user123

Working, too, really, not just in the studio.. (I wish I wish) H is running a course and there is always loads to do, and people come and go for random things, too, so I'm kind of listening out for cars and on tenderhooks, I'm really grumpy about it and trying not to be. Just the joys of both being self employed I suppose and working from home, you just can't shut the door, phone, mind! Arrgh!!

I would LOVE regular hours that are just mine to work in, with NOTHING else, work to my own rhythm, oh that would be bliss!
angry013.gif

H

hillhead

I'm just from a rare breed animal show, bought none. Lol.I have to get my bike into bike shop for repairs and see if I can do a deal on a new one plus go to tile shop- I have to lift 33m2 wooden effect porcelain, 30m2 ditra, 10 bags of adhesive and some grout.Lunch meeting in between with a mate.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
spending the day with kids and family,picking van up tonight as wheel bearing went on drive home from northumbria yesterday then going to pick up a double bath ,getting it nice and cheap as my mates customer bought the wrong size and shop wont take it back..happy days for me

I

Ian

Been to reseal a shower this morning, now plan to spend the weekend not doing much! Working about an hour from home currently so the days are quite long with travelling, that's why I'm trying to do as little as possible on the weekends.

T

tfs

Been to a suppliers to oredr up some flooring with a customer first thing this morning.

I have a full months worth of paperwork to go through reconciliation etc. I will be showing my wife how I do it so she can take over and hopefully keep it up to dat on a weekly basis. Probably an hour or two if all goes well.

I will have a few beers and advd tonight though

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yes why does the phone always go when your at home having your tea/in the shower/on the other line etc.

Me and my dad are in the process of building a bathroom extension and a whole new ensuite at my mum and dads house, he's wanted to do it for years as he says the house wall on that side is/was a complete mess with all kinds of mismatched stone and rough pointing and that the house needs an ensuite and bigger bathroom to make it easier to sell in the future.

The plan was to get a builder in but my dad is a perfectionist and the builders who were going to do it did a real mess of the block paving driveway last year and all the others who came to look were either unprofessional or didn't even turn up.

We only started building up 4 weeks ago (founations were done earlier in the year), Dressed stone and breeze block and its coming on really well, the stone and pointing has come out fantastic. I've been doing the pointing, we are currently approaching the tops of the windows. Not back seen as though its all done in evenings and Sundays.

The internal blocks are actually a kind of cinder block which contain ground up landfill waste including crushed glass, plastic and wood. So thats what happends to all the rubbish we throw away!

Last edited:
K

kaharrison9

Grouting a trav floor this morning,pricing for a kitchen splashback this afternoon then tomorrow at the Chatsworth game and country fair

Reply to What you up to this weekend in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Nice forum you have here. Seems very helpful. I have some work coming up soon so will post in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen