Search the forum,

Discuss What prep to do, cut plaster out? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Thank you for allowing me to join the forum.
I'm replacing the toilet hand basin and needed to remove some old tiles because the size of the new basin didn't match up to the position of the old tiles.
I have removed the old tiles but there is damage to the plaster wall. Personally I'm inclined to cut out the damaged plaster and fit new sections or would a professional tiler plaster over the existing damaged plaster and smooth it out.
The new tiles will be 100x100mm, I'm going to have new tiles cover a larger area which will include the old area and go higher, wider and down to the floor.
Screenshot_20220925_104659_Gallery.jpg

Any advise would be much appreciated.
Cheers...Steve
20220925_104035.jpg

Attachments

• 20220925_104830.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 12

Reply to What prep to do, cut plaster out? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen