Search the forum,

Discuss weird email.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fliselege

Cos I had my own company here, as everyone else self employed, my phone number and address was public property. I was phoned from America with money making deals, letters from all over with "buisness soloutions", never ending cold calls. The best was the Coca Cola company from Spain saying I'd won millions and millions in their lottery, all the wanted was all of my personal details, bank,Mums maiden name, all you'd need to steal identity, still got the letter. Sad thing is, some people actually fall for it. Since I got employed, nothing. No business letters, no cold calls, nowt.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I get bombarded daily with e-mails over ranking my website and how useful the information in my posts were. I can't forsee anytime in the future where someone will acyually actively follow my website and check back for updates. I may have a website but effectively it's a portfolio and business card. Just goes to show they never read the content of my site in the first place!

I used to get the emails about a king in Mumbai that needed to release millions of dollars of currency, and that if i could help him out to launder all this money he'll make me a millionaire. I mean really, do people actually fall for these scams? Everybody knows the currency in Mumbai is Rupees! ;)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I get bombarded daily with e-mails over ranking my website and how useful the information in my posts were. I can't forsee anytime in the future where someone will acyually actively follow my website and check back for updates. I may have a website but effectively it's a portfolio and business card. Just goes to show they never read the content of my site in the first place!

I used to get the emails about a king in Mumbai that needed to release millions of dollars of currency, and that if i could help him out to launder all this money he'll make me a millionaire. I mean really, do people actually fall for these scams? Everybody knows the currency in Mumbai is Rupees! ;)

Oh booger is that one not real Ali, sod he seemed like a stand up guy to me.:oops:

R

RockCeramics

Got one as well
Reply-To: [email protected]

MIME-Version: 1.2

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:28:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I want to make an inquiry about placing an

order from you. The items are needed abroad,

can you please confirm if goods bought from

you can be paid for with a credit card and also

if items from your company can be shipped abroad?

Kindly get back to me if yes to both questions.

Kind Regards,

Nick

keep away
scam!!!

M

Matt

Got one as well
Reply-To: [email protected]

MIME-Version: 1.2

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:28:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I want to make an inquiry about placing an

order from you. The items are needed abroad,

can you please confirm if goods bought from

you can be paid for with a credit card and also

if items from your company can be shipped abroad?

Kindly get back to me if yes to both questions.

Kind Regards,

Nick

keep away
scam!!!
We get quite a few of these scams.

Once you have "quoted", they ask you to use their own shipping company. They say they will pay you £xx by credit card and you send a bank transfer to the shipping company for £xx

Reply to weird email.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen