Search the forum,

Discuss waterproofing systems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sw tiling

Just wondering if any of you guys have used the Homelux waterproofing kits, it comes in sheet form and is sold at topps tiles. I saw a demonstration of it recently and just wonderd if anyone had any views?

Im debating on how much money id save the customer as well considering that it is all stuck down with a thin bed adhesive which would mean buying extra adhesive to. The process goes: 6mm bed adhesive then waterproofing system, then adhesive,tile/stone,grout.

it looks good but does it compare better to the bal tanking system?

Schluter systems do something similar but never used it.

Cheers lads/ladies. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

G

grumpygrouter

I have used the wall stuff and I found it a bit thick in comparison to the similar stuff available from Durabase at Wetdecs or the Schluter stuff. You only need a small notch trowel for the wall stuff 3 or maybe 4.5mm notch should suffice.

S

sw tiling

thanks mate, they suggest using a 6mm trowel which i personally think is too deep a bed, id probably go for the size you've mentioned.

Not sure yet if ill be using it any time soon but never say never.

Thanks mate. :thumbsup:

B

brian c

When applying the membrane ,remember once you serate the wall,you then use the blunt end of the trowel to spread the adhesive ..once the membrane is in place of course.:lol:

W

wetdec

The Homelux system is maketed for DIY user hence 2 differnt membranes one for wall one for floor.......more dosh

The ball system as it stands can not be compared as its a totally different method being paint on and involving a resin. Again to do a total tank a membrane needs purchasing as extra so more dosh.

The Dura-wp tanking system aimed at professionals uses 1 off the roll membrane for floor and wall, is applied using a powdered flexi adhesive, includes flexi tapes so no tearing at corners, pipe collars and pre made corner.

Currently the Dura-WP 5m kit is £85 through me...............

L

Lucas 2

I couldn't get the Homelux matts to stick properly using Ardex adhesive so scraped it all off and used Kerraflex instead tho' do like Ardex adhesives....anyone else had that problem?

S

sw tiling

Thanks for all the input guys, handy to know these little pointers with these different products before using them. :thumbsup:

Reply to waterproofing systems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen