Currently reading:
warm up under floor heating

Discuss warm up under floor heating in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

SLC is not required but is a better method. It helps for 2 reasons.
1, to give a perfectly flat surface to tile to as the UFH can cause it to be an uneven surface. Especially if the UFH is not going wall to wall tight.
2, if SLC is not used, there is a chance the trowel can nick the cable when adhesive is being laid.
Depending on the UFH used, it could also work out cheaper as sometimes more adhesive is required to allow the height difference.
A cement based flexible adhesive is a must with UFH.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
and 3rdly if you ever need to replace a tile or the whole floor in the future you should be able to de-tile without damaging the UFH and without having to forkout again for the supply and installation of UFH.
In my opinion it is the best way to lay UFH. It provides a lot more guarantees than burying the cable in the adhesive. You can ensure complete coverage of the wire before fixing any covering.

I have just completed a honed slate floor with UFH in the same way. Link through the facebook part of my signature if you want to see progress and final pictures. If it helps.

Reply to warm up under floor heating in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement