Search the forum,

Discuss Using large format tile adhesive on 6x6 tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I need a bed of between 7 - 15mm for some 6x6 quarry tiles, I can pick up some Mapei large format tile adhesive which goes to 20mm bed from B&Q, is there any reason why I cant use this

Reaction score
BAL Flex-One is my go to adhesive for these kind of jobs…

Can bed up to 15mm.. open time of 45 minutes (more like an hour) and working time of 2 1/2 hours and can still be grouted up after 6 hours

There’s not reason you can’t use that Mapei product but no self respecting tiler would buy his or her gear from B&Q

Get to a CTD, you might pay a bit more but it’s the right stuff for the job..

Or if you are looking for cheapest option then Go wherever is cheapest.. but don’t be surprised if it doesn’t perform

Reply to Using large format tile adhesive on 6x6 tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen