Search the forum,

Discuss UFH cant be turned on for a while ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Harry Grout

Can I tile over a 3" Screed after 3 weeks drying time and then turn on UFH slowly after they are down ?

I'll be laying 60 x 40 1/2" Stone tiles

H

Harry Grout

Is the ufh within the screed or matting type..?

I,m not sure Dave ? but if it is one or the other - would one be quicker drying - Its a concrete screed BTW

The client is renting a house and has to be in,in a months time :incazzato:

H

Harry Grout

You need to find out as the in-screed type needs to be commissioned first..

I'll find out tomorrow and let you know - I've a feeling its not electric but pipes - can see the kingspan insulation in a couple of holes near the wall - Kitchen area is about 35 m2 , no sign of expansion joints in the concrete ?

If it is water pipes - 3 weeks natrual drying still isn't enough then !

D

DHTiling

What i mean is the ufh needs bringing upto temp and cooled again before you can tile that screed...and how deep is the screed..prob not dry enough yet..

H

Harry Grout

What i mean is the ufh needs bringing upto temp and cooled again before you can tile that screed...and how deep is the screed..prob not dry enough yet..

The concrete screed is 3" dave - Definately have to have the heat on then !

D

doug boardley

If you commision the heat before the screed is cured, you run a very real risk of a tile installation failure:thumbsdown:

H

Harry Grout

If you commision the heat before the screed is cured, you run a very real risk of a tile installation failure:thumbsdown:

Thanks for your post doug - so how long would you give a 3" concrete screed to cure (naturaly before tiling with no UFH)? and if I do tile (I would prefer to wait longer but the cleint is aware or the risk and is happy to go ahead and tile)should I just leave the heating off let the concrete dry naturaly under the layed stone and then turn the UFH on slowly at a later date ?

D

DHTiling

You MUST commission the ufh first before tiling....

The screed needs to expand and contract before applying tiles.....Me personally i would be using an un-coupling membrane with stone on a heated screed...but that's the way i work..

Reply to UFH cant be turned on for a while ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen