Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling onto Ply, can it be a success? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
6mm for me with those mats for full coverage.

Am I reading this right, you have put ply over an anhydrite screed with ufh?
I thought that bud why fit ply over the screed ? It is such a poor conductor of heat and is a laminated product any moisture in there will result in failure of the floor there are far better options. Kop

AD1

TF
Reaction score
The Screed is between the joists and not load bearing. It is supported by the insulation underneath. The 18mm ply is the structural load bearing floor and although it does insulate, it doesn't make the system ineffective and requires the flow rate to be slightly higher than a screed floor.

After living with it for a year I can say I'm impressed with the efficiency and performance and I must say I was sceptical before installing it.

O

On one

Somewhere along the line it sound like you are going to have an edge of your 18mm plywood that won't be mechanical fixed down to the joists(in between the joists) Ditra will only accommodate lateral movement, not vertical movement.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Reply to Tiling onto Ply, can it be a success? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen