Search the forum,

Discuss tile sizes in a standard hall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Zach

TF
Reaction score
I’m planning on tiling my kitchen, hall and cloaks with a porcelain grey gloss tile. Everywhere I’ve looked so far only seem to stock 60x60 tiles. I’m only buying a standard house and I think this would mean a tile and a half width int he hall which in my head doesn’t sound like it would look right.

If the hall is 90cm wide would you lay a 60 down the centre and lay cut tiles either side? Or should I keep trying to find 45x45 or 40x40 tiles?

Does anyone have a picture of 60x60 in a standard width hallway?

Alternatively I could get 30x60 and lay lengthways down the hall but I didn’t really want to have the staggered effect.

Thanks all

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You don't have to stagger a 600x300

IMG_20190117_141128.jpg

O

Old Mod

If the only tile you can find that you like is a 60 x 60, lay them off the center line so that you have two equal cuts of approx 450mm.

T

Time's Ran Out

Lay them brick design 60x30cm so then full tile and half tile - half tile and full tile. No straight lines to look at and for DIY easier.

Reply to tile sizes in a standard hall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen