Search the forum,

Discuss Tile getting wet outside in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Aceman

-
Reaction score
71832347352__7B1E3AE8-1E03-471E-A647-740193DE58E5.jpeg
Hey first time on this forum. I have a problem I think. Me and my Dad were tilling a cement slab for our outdoor kitchen and the slab is slanted downward so we decided to just build up the tile adhesive underneath… about 3/8s of an inch to make it flush with our trex decking. Turns out not so great of an idea. It’s been drying for about 3 days now and I went to check on it and it had rained one day and water had seeped into the tile grout cracks. This area is under a pavilion and the parts that are exposed to the sun are fully dry, but the ones more sheltered under the pavilion gushed up water when I tested it. Is this just a waiting game for it to dry or is this an uh oh. ( I really don’t wanna have to tear it up and redo it it’s about a 100 square foot area. Please help me.) This project was diy

Last edited:

Reply to Tile getting wet outside in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen