Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2013 - Which Tile Adhesive Did You Use Most? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Weber is what I've used for 80% of my work this year. I have done about 250 m2 of anhydrite this year and used anhyfix from tilemaster for that.

J

jonnyc

thought some might be interested to know why i changed to setaflex white last year.
apart from cost which is one key as probably use about 40-45 palletts a year just adhesive, mark of tilemaster talked to me about what i was after in an adheisve .
I explained good workability and non slumping with thick bed under quite heavy stone but most importantly needed to be able have enough time to adjust a large module of stone say 4.00 mts/ a long course of stone or uneven sized reclaimed .
We would need an hour or more sometimes but it was still imperative that the adhesive was a fast set and dried within its self so moisture not migrating up though stone.
he then said that he could manufacture retarded fast which would give ius that time especially in the summer.
i tried it out and that was the clincher for us as stonefixers.
you do need to make sure ok to walk on next day but then the rapid setting procedure kicks in and this helped me so much.
does anyone know anyone else doing this because i dont

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Still Mapei for me, but I am using Tilemaster more and more, I could have done with two votes.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Norcros, but this is mainly down to subcontracting to a large firm in N Wales who stock nothing else. If I'm doing the spec myself I tend to go with Ultra powders. First used it over 10 years ago now, yet to have any issues, can't say the same for Norcros unfortunately.

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2013 - Which Tile Adhesive Did You Use Most? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Let us know which brand of tiles adhesive you use. And the price per bag trade if possible...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen