Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2007 - Best Tile Adhesive For Floors And Walls? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

V

Varley

Re: Poll: What adhesive brand do you trust most?

lol, I always use granfix m8 and i can't fault it either, never (touch wood) had any problems with it.

L

Leatherface

get this - one of my local tile shops is changing its adhesive..............

From Dunlop to PCI

From Crap to even Crapper - won't be buying anything off them then

C

Concept PHT

One massive wide berth there mate..... ;)

A

Amarillo Tiling

I've been using BAL for a while, you just can't beat the quality and the range.

I strongly advise against using Dunlop Floor Adhesive, I don't know whether I was just unlucky with the batch I used, but I had to re-do quite a few tiles- very fun I can assure you. :)

J

jaimie s

I like bal tubbed gear and powder gear. Been using palace rapid set, multiflex a few times with no problems on floors. Using Granfix multi-fix today. Seems a little wet but goes off pretty quick. As for grout pick and choose between companys. Not so keen on bals micro flex. Seems to take a bit of cleaning down after the washboys been over it and dried to a haze.

A

andy365

I use WEBER , been on their training courses and got lots of info on their products, plus their tiling manual is excellent.

C

Concept PHT

I use WEBER , been on their training courses and got lots of info on their products, plus their tiling manual is excellent.

The manual is very good. And the products are good too. Not stocked close to me though, so don't use them unfortunately.

I have got some good contacts down at Weber in Flitwick - they know what they are talking about :)

T

tjsmiler

I am starting a countertop on tuesday porcalain 600 x 600 and have gone for Mapei Keraquick grey - cement based, flexible, rapid setting. Not used it before so will give the low down when i'm done.

Supposed to be superb though, Leatherface is right there range of grout colours is massive, have managed to almost completely match the dark brown tile they want.

T

tjsmiler

Leatherface, i asked about there D2 mate but they told me it was £19.99 = vat.... i almost ran out!!!!

It's a shame because it sounds brilliant, might try and get a bulk in from up your way as it's so cheap. Any ideas on the best place to go mate ??

Toby

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2007 - Best Tile Adhesive For Floors And Walls? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen