Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Well done Sandy... keep it up, you won't regret stopping, but boy would you regret starting again! :thumbsup:

I

Ian

Welcome along to quitters club! My wife and I are on day 7 today and apparently we are now 9 times more likely to quit permanently now! (according to the tv advert). I used the gum for the first 3 days then just replaced it with normal gum. Still have cravings but they are less frequent and easier to deal with. Stick with it mate it doesn't take long to get out of the habit and for the cravings to die down.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SandyFloor

It's the habit seems to be the hard bit rather than the addiction. I reckon a habit of thirty something years will take a bit longer to crack. I'm really to looking forward to a few weeks from now when most of the gunk has left my system to see how I'm feeling generally.

I

Ian

It's the habit seems to be the hard bit rather than the addiction. I reckon a habit of thirty something years will take a bit longer to crack. I'm really to looking forward to a few weeks from now when most of the gunk has left my system to see how I'm feeling generally.

I know what you mean mate, I associate certain times of the day with having a smoke. I'm fine 90% of the time but I do have a couple of wobbly moments usually first thing in the morning and after meals. I haven't had a beer since new year and I know it's going to be hard not to light up the next time I have a drink.

S

Scott

Well done guys, its omething you defintely wont regret as MG said. I shudder to think where id be now and the state of my health if i hadnt stopped when i did. Its was 5 years Christmas week, a hell of a time to stop with the stresses of Christmas and it being the party season. I gave up for my step son, he commented once when his mum went home after a weekend with me that she 'smelt of Scott' That was the straw that broke the camels back!

Its amazing the things you do notice fairly quickly, the sense of smell and taste are amazing! Brian have you noticed after a week that things taste better? I remember having fresh strawberries and they were awesome!

Another interesting point that was previously mention about the tv adverts that you are 9 times more likely to stop, read the bit at the bottom of the screen when its on. It says if you dont smoke within the first week!

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

Yeah definitely, I'm still going through that 'all you can eat' phase! Have you not had a smoke at all in 5 years? The reason I ask is because I stopped for 4 years but still smoked socially, and the odd thing is I'd wake up the next morning and not even think about smoking. Don't really know how I started up again, just happens I suppose.

S

Scott

I had one on new years eve 2006 but that was just before i threw someone outta my house :)

I do however dream about it occasionaly and wake up in a right state as i think i failed myself. Ill never smoke again that im sure of, with all this crap with my dad it just reinforces it. Id never want to put my kids through it. Im not saying its hard as i dont have a relationship with my dad as i hardly know him but with my kids my relationship is a strong one.

B

b30 villain

since me and the bird stopped new year shes had a bloody chest infection and flu and ive had the man flu(like her flu but 10 times worse:lol:). so much for healthier living eh:lol: im still on the all you can eat diet too brian. I have just got through all the peanuts and savoury snacks left over from xmas and now i got the taste for strawberry bonbons:thumbsup:

A

Alberta Stone

I haven't smoked in many years, gave it up like that.
Cigarettes that is.
I still smoked little cigars for a while as I liked those, but then they became apparent that they were a nasty habit and so I dropped them as well.
I didn't need the tabs or anything, I just dropped them and haven't looked back.
It is all in the mind.
Everything is.

The thing about commercial tobacco is that they add all these toxins and then they tell us on the packs that "these things are really bad for you", yet people carry on puffing away.
I am amazed that I did it for so many years, and now I look at people who still do and wonder at their choices.

My son was thinking about smoking and so he started up.
I said that if he wanted to smoke he had to grow his own tobacco and so he did.
It is an amazing plant.
If you do that you will not just do it as a habit, but as something else.

I

Ian

So its the end of another week, how are the quitters doing? I'm on day 11 now without one, I am however going for a couple of pints later and I know this will be my biggest challenge yet (I've not touched any alcohol since I stopped). I'll let you all know how I get on!!!!

B

b30 villain

Day 14 bri and i am having a few buds tonight. I had a drink the weekend at home and was fine so good luck

D

diamondtiling

I have a very addictive personality and Im incredibly sensitive to caffeine and dont drink coffee unless im really tired.

I drink loads of tea when im working but the caffeine levels are ok, one cup of coffee and im all over the shop. Plus coffee and smoking is a recipe for heinous breath!

Dom have you not had more than 4 pints since december or is that 4 pints in a session?

No more than 4 mate since December 15th ish, apart from 2 last night in Bristol. Not bad at all for me.

:thumbsup:

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen