Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I hardly even tried! Not proud. I am going to give it a proper go in the new year but, with better preparation this time. The stupid thing is I gave up for 4 years no problems, had a couple on a night out and here I am 3 years later! My biggest issue is that I really enjoy smoking. I don't drink much, don't gamble, don't take drugs, so smoking is the only thing I actually do that's bad for me.

S

Scott

I dont agree with the patches being given out i dont see that they will work. i tried them when they first came out and yes its stops you from lighting up BUT its just prolonging the inevitable weening yourself from the nicotine addiction thats causing the problem.

If its any help my father is having a biopsy today on a mass in his stomach, he also as a lump on a lymph node. They have told him the lump in his stomach is 'most likely' cancer but will test to see how aggressive and at what stage its at before the full prognosis is given. He has recently been ferrying my uncle around for his chemo after getting throat cancer. Both of these cases are caused by smoking.

Its not just YOU that is affected by the smoking its those around you too. Stop smoking, stop being selfish and perhaps you can prevent the misery it may cause your loved ones when they have to watch you die a slow and nasty death from it.

D

diamondtiling

don't count your chickens Dom I stopped for a year and really didn't believe I'd ever start again:oops:

I know what your saying Doug but it was my time to stop for good. I really hated the ****, I hated the comments from my children and friends but most importantly I wanted to stop smoking and I have done it.

The coin jar has over £600 in it now and thats only two months

:thumbsup:

B

b30 villain

Day seven now with no **** strugglin a bit but doing better than i thought just eating everything in sight

M

mikethetile

Day seven now with no **** strugglin a bit but doing better than i thought just eating everything in sight
tell me about it, im still scoffing for england
, keep it up mate, it does get easier as time passes and well done for getting through the first 7 days

B

b30 villain

Cheers bud i bin putting 20 a day away for 17 years and quitting without the patches and what not so quite proud of myself:lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well done!

Bloody better man than me. Mind, got the flu again now so hardly smoking but that doesn't mean I wont when I feel better.

D

diamondtiling

tell me about it, im still scoffing for england
, keep it up mate, it does get easier as time passes and well done for getting through the first 7 days

I think you have to compensate with exercise, I have been out for a run in the evening and been off the beer for the last two weeks, to be honest the weight just falls off, lost nearly a stone but I do go to the gym as well. A mate packed the cigs in 6 months ago and put on quite a bit of weight, I dont want that to happen.

Going to be a good year this year, aiming for 12 stone by my birthday (28th April)

:thumbsup:

Reaction score
I am still off the ciggys, but i have been getting some big cravings, so i'v joined the local stop smoking clinic, just for a bit of extra support. They have given me some chewing gum, and that helps a lot.

M

mikethetile

according to the scales I havent gained weight Dom but I agree with you on the exercise bit, ive got an allotment now and have been winter digging it as weather permits, I have the whole lot turned over now, it was neglected for a few years and had weeds over 6ft high and docks down over 18" Lol

the smoking cessation clinic gave me a fact sheet on this which is common sense when you read it, smoking is an appetite suppresent so when you stop smoking you may get the munchies so pick away but only eat non fattening foods. if you smoke a lot of people (me) under eat and our bodies store fat, if you eat more your body doesnt store fat , but having said that if you take in more calories than you consume you will gain weight, so they do reccomend exercise as well

I strongly reccomend the cessation clinic to anyone giving up smoking

I

Ian

Excellent work. I wasn't going to post until I'd done a full week but as we're talking about it, my last ciggy was tuesday. Had 2 pieces of nicotine gum per day(one about 10am, one about 2pm) and its going well. I'm going to use normal gum over the weekend and see how that goes. Its only 3 days I know, but its the longest I've gone without a ciggy for about 3 years. Fingers crossed!

S

Stewart

All good to hear....... best thing you guys could have done for yourself and your families.:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen