Search the forum,

Discuss Sticking Pvc to tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

G

GoneGuy

Last steam room I did , tiled the curved ceiling with mosaics . Maybe you should consider over boarding your ceiling with jackoboard , seal only the joints and screw holes and then tile it .
That would last longer than pvc panels

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Fix a j trim around the perimeter stick with low modulus silicone and fix through the tongue with stainless steel staples . Kop

Reaction score
The cladding I am using can be used in steam room up to 60°. Can use silicone on it but they won't say if it will stick to the tanking.so going to try stick like rubbish,see how I get on.its more shower room than steam,I have all the bits for steam so thought I would put them in while I'm at it.

W

Waluigi

Do you have a data sheet for the cladding?

There are some things that sticks like S**t should not be used on.

W

Waluigi

Might be best to double check the side of the cladding you’re bonding to doesn’t contain these:-

9B9911A5-B89D-4BA4-B2E8-CA031710001C.jpeg

It was touched on earlier but I’d definitely do a test piece and hold it above a kettle or something :tearsofjoy:

.......Or over a simmering saucepan

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Sticking Pvc to tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen